- snow tire
- nounan automobile pneumatic tire with deep tread to give traction in snow
* * *noun: an automotive tire with a tread designed to give added traction on snow or ice
* * *an automobile tire with a deep tread or protruding studs to give increased traction on snow or ice.[1940-45]
* * *snow tire,an automobile tire with heavy treads to give extra traction on surfaces made slippery by snow or ice: »
City council made it law today that—snow or no snow—drivers must have snow tires or chains on their vehicles from Jan. 1 to April 1 each year (Montreal Star).
* * *n. a tire with a tread that gives extra traction on snow or ice
* * *noun, pl ⋯ tires [count]US : a special tire that is used to give a vehicle better control when you are driving on snow and ice
Useful english dictionary. 2012.